March is almost here! And if you’re from the Midwest like me, you’re probably pretty excited to see some more sunshine, green grass, and blooming flowers SOON! February-April can be pretty dreary here in the Midwest, never knowing what to expect with the weather… but the good news is that springtime is near!
If you need some support with your business social media this month, here are some fun content ideas that will help you connect with your ideal customer:
- The Month of March – National Women’s History Month – What is your favorite fact about women in history?
- March 1 – Mardi Gras – Do you celebrate? Share how!
- March 4 – National Day of Unplugging – How will you spend the day unplugged? What is your favorite thing to do when you’re unplugged?
- March 8 – International Women’s Day – Share something about the strong women that have impacted your life.
- March 10 – National Pack Your Lunch Day – Make a time-lapse Reel of you making your lunch for work that day.
- March 14 – National Pi Day – Share your favorite pie recipe or shout-out your favorite small business or bakery that offers pies.
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day – Do you celebrate? Share how!
- March 20 – First Day of Spring – Share your favorite photos/videos of springtime memories or hobbies.
- March 23 – National Puppy Day – Share a photo of your puppy and ask your audience to do the same.
- March 24 – National Cocktail Day – Share a Reel making your favorite cocktail OR support a local, small business that makes your favorite cocktail!
- March 26 – Make Up Your Own Holiday Day – If you could make up one holiday, what would it be?
As always, ONLY use these national days and content ideas if you can come up with something that’s completely true and relevant to your brand. Before using one of these national days, ask yourself, “Why does my business/brand care about this holiday?”. If you can’t answer that clearly, then skip it! It’s so important to have a personal brand tie-in to every piece of content you share.
Looking for some more evergreen (share anytime – not just in March!) social media content ideas? These are some easy ones you can always fall back on:
- Address a problem that your ideal customer has and provide them with the solution (what you offer!) Discuss why your product/service is the solution.
- Answer a Frequently Asked Question from your ideal customer.
- Provide a free tip or piece of value that will help you build trust with your ideal customer.
- Share a lesson learned throughout your business journey.
- Share a recent business accomplishment that you’re proud of and thank your customers/clients for helping make it possible!
- Share a customer/client testimonial or tell a story of how you helped them. Include a CTA (call to action) that promotes your website or offer.
There you have it! If you love these content ideas, you will REALLY love my 2-Week Social Media Plan. Download that plan for more evergreen content ideas that will work flawlessly for your TikTok, Instagram, or Facebook strategy.
And if you prefer to save this blog post for later, you can PIN the graphic below to your Pinterest account!